We will have a pilots meeting every morning at 8:30.
This will cover daily information but it will help everyone if they read through this page to know what to expect at WATTS.
- WATTS is a pilot friendly non competition event. Our goal is for everyone to have an enjoyable time. No pilot is more important then another. If we all keep this in mind the odds are in our favor that everyone will enjoy the event.
- WATTS is an electric only AMA sanctioned event. This means to fly you must be an AMA member (Park Flyer memberships are accepted) and you may fly any aircraft but it must be electric powered. Helicopters and 3D fliers are more then welcome. During open flying we will maintain a racetrack pattern with simple aerobatics allowed. However we will provide ample times for 3D Flying, Helicopter flying and Extreme Speed flying. These times will be dictated by numbers of interested pilots in each flying style.
- All pilots must be registered and wear their pilot badge. Pit crew are allowed to assist without registering but they must be accompanied by the pilot when in the pits.
- There will be two flight lines. The main flight line will be the full length of the field and where the majority of the flying will take place. However we will be setting up a secondary flight line to the west end of the field for parkflyers. These will be limited to small and slow aircraft such as those you would fly at an indoor event. 3D Foamies and micro helicopters will be welcome there all day.
- Spotters are strongly encouraged. There will be many people at WATTS and to help with pilot safety and communication we encourage you to grab a spotter when flying. Remember a good spotter will keep track of what other airplanes are doing and not focus on your airplane.
- 72mhz will be allowed. There will be a frequency board in place for the 72mhz flyers however there will be no impound. We will have a frequency sign up sheet for those using 72mhz to help with any channel conflicts. SMMAC will not be held responsible for any issues with using a radio on 72mhz. Please be sure to use the frequency board and watch for frequency conflicts.
- The flight line will be managed till 6pm. At this point it will remain electric only but will go to normal club rules.
- Pets – It is best to leave Fluffy or Butch at home. However if you must bring your pet it must be on leash and monitored by a responsible person at all times. Nobody likes to listen to a pet that is left tied up and alone or step in a mess it made.
Sign up here to receive e-mail updates about WATTS over Owatonna!